Programs for Schools & Colleges
Daily Activities to keep environment friendly lifestyle
More about Snakes
Murbad Forest Visit
Paper bag making workshop
Camps & Trails for Nature Lovers
Sariska & Jaipur
Pics by Charuhas K.
(All pics by Bhaskar P)
Pics by Chhabi P.
Trails with Ghumr
Pics by Rupali G.
For details and registrations, contact us on Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org; Ph: 9969440476 / 9869611810 / 8433769487
- Go through the Rules & Regulations, given at the end of this schedule before registering. Once you are registered, it will be considered that you agree to all our rules and regulations which you must follow during our camps & trails.
- Participants should be 8 yrs and above (no upper age limit). Child between 8 yrs to 12 yrs should be accompanied by their resp. parents/guardians.
1st 7th October, 2018 Sangla, Narkand, Kalpa and Chitkul Less known protected areas of Himachal Pradesh (fast filling)
Rakcham chitkul is situated between Sangla Valley and Chhitkul and counted among the few popular wildlife reserves of Himachal Pradesh. The vegetation covering the forest are mostly of dry deciduous category. Narkanda is a located on the Hindustan Tibet road. It is also a gateway to the upper parts of Himachal Pradesh. The view from Kalpa is beautiful with an observer getting the feeling that he is sitting in the lap of the mountains with the entire range of peaks being visible.
Registration before: 14th August, 2018.
Camp charges: Rs. 35,000/- per head. 10% discount for a child below 12 yrs. The cost includes entry fee, food, stay and transport from Shimla to Shimla. Mumbai-Shimla-Mumbai flight tickets can be arranged at extra cost (at actual basis)
The Thattekkad Bird Sanctuary was the first bird sanctuary in Kerala. Salim Ali, one of the best known ornithologists, described this sanctuary as the richest bird habitat on peninsular India. The Eravikullum National park terrain consists of high altitude grasslands interspersed with shola forest. Idukki is popular destination for Keralas endemic birding.
Camp charges: Rs. 27,000/- per head. 10% discount for a child below 12 yrs. The cost includes entry fee, food (except train journey), stay and transport from Mumbai to Mumbai. (Rs. 23,800/- Ex. Aluwa)
Journey Details: 3AC
18th November (Sunday), 2018: Departure by 16345 Netravati Exp from Lokmanya Tilak Terminus(LTT)at 11.40hrs. Reach Aluwa(AWY) at 12.13hrs on 19th November, 2018.
24th November (Saturday), 2018: Departure by 16346 Netravati Exp from Aluwa(AWY) at 14.42hrs. Reach Lokmanya Tilak Terminus (LTT) at 16.40hrs on 25th November, 2018.
16th December, 2018 Navghar, Pali-Khopoli Road
Good time to observe birds.
Group Size: 20 only Meeting point: Swami Narayan temple, Dadar.
Time: Bus will leave at 6.30 am sharp and will be back by 6.30pm approximately, depending upon the traffic conditions. Charge: 1500/- (Includes travel, breakfast, lunch, evening tea and expertise)
23rd 30th December, 2018 Velanad, Kalakadu, Kunthankulan, Madurai, Kanyakumari and Rameshawaram Tamil Nadu
Have fun while venturing in various places of Tamil Nadu. This camp is a perfect to enjoy Indias rich heritage and her natural beauty.
Camp charges: Rs. 36,500/- per head. 10% discount for a child below 12 yrs. The cost includes entry fee, food (except train journey), stay and transport from Mumbai to Trivandrum. (Rs. 35,000/- Ex. Madurai to Trivandrum)
Journey Details: 3AC
21st December (Friday), 2018: Departure by 11043 Madurai Express from Lokmanya Tilak Terminus (LTT) at 00.15hrs. Reach Madurai JN (MDU) at 10.00hrs on 22nd December, 2018.
Return 30th December (Sunday), 2018: Flight from Trivandrum to Mumbai can be booked after 8.00pm. OikoEssence can book this flight at additional cost (at actual basis).
Rules & Regulations to be followed during OikoEssence Camps and Trails
- Oikoessence Nature Camps and trails are educational camps and not luxury camps or picnics.
- Basic necessities will be provided like simple and wholesome vegetarian food (tea/coffee, breakfast, lunch, and dinner), clean accommodation and toilets. During visits to remote forest areas participants will have to use open air toilets and rough it out.
- During multiple accommodation facilities at the camp site participants must adjust to them and no separate accommodation will be provided. The group leader will decide the room allotments and the participants in the room, no alterations will be done.
- Participants must follow strict discipline and no misbehavior will be tolerated any participant found doing so may be requested to leave the camp.
- Detailed program/itinerary of the following day will be briefed one day in advance.
- Participants have to adhere to the given itinerary and no alterations by the participants will be entertained.
- Participants should strictly follow the instructions of the group leader.
- Smoking and consumption of alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited.
- Participants should take care of their belongings & valuable articles & will be solely responsible for them.
- No portage will be provided.
- Mineral water will not be provided unless mentioned.
- OikoEssence will not be responsible for any mishap or catastrophe.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and never wear any high heels foot wear.
- Please carry Water bottle, Cap, Torch, Mosquito repellents, Personal medicines and toiletries.
- Do not wear any kind of perfume or deodorant while in the sanctuary.
- Do not carry any music system or MP3, etc. in forest area.
- Do not carry any inflammables and do not light fire in the forest area.
- Do not tease any wild animal or destroy habitat of the Park or Sanctuary.
- Carry clothes according to climate and season (do not wear red, white or any bright/fluorescent colours).
- If a camp is canceled by OikoEssence for reasons such as lack of enough participation, unless any expense is incurred, a 100 % refund will be given. Participants who cancel their seats prior to cancellation of the camp will not get a complete refund. 50% of the total camp cost will be deducted for cancellation done 15 days prior to the commencement of camp. After that no refund will be given.
- Vehicles/transport used for local sightseeing/safaris etc mentioned in the programme are Non-AC private vehicles.